As part of its message protection efforts, Microsoft has evolved its email encryption solutions to…
Enabling secure ways to share and collaborate on content with coworkers and colleagues, both inside and outside your organization, is critical to improving productivity and teamwork. According to Gartner, “By 2022, 50 percent of organizations will use collaborative document editing as the standard interaction method for document creation.”1 Microsoft OneDrive makes this a seamless experience, connecting you to all your files on any device while protecting your work from data loss, malicious attacks, and more.
Today, we are honored that Gartner has recognized Microsoft, for the second year in a row, as a leader in the Content Collaboration Platforms Magic Quadrant report. Microsoft placed highest in ability to execute and has made substantial improvements in the completeness of vision over last year’s report. Additionally, Microsoft is recognized as a leader in both the Content Collaboration Platforms and Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant reports.
We feel this recognition exemplifies our vision and customer commitment to ensure OneDrive provides the best content collaboration capabilities, including:
- Accessing all your files from any device—Easily get to your personal and shared files from across Office 365. Use your mobile device to capture whiteboards and scan receipts, business cards, and other paper docs.
- Sharing inside or outside your organization—Simply and securely share files with anyone inside or outside your organization. You can see who has viewed, modified, or shared your files and limit their access as needed.
- Collaborating with deep Office integration—OneDrive is included with Office 365 and is the only solution that enables you to seamlessly co-author Office documents across the browser, mobile, and desktop apps.
- Quickly finding files that matter most—Easily get back to your recent and shared files from any device. Discover new files in Office 365 with intelligent recommendations based on who you work with and what they are working on.
- Protecting your work—With over 100 datacenters worldwide, we offer trusted, enterprise-grade compliance and security, leading industry compliance standards, and native security capabilities such as Data Loss Prevention, eDiscovery, and malicious attack recovery.
We are also proud of the positive feedback from our 135 million monthly active Office 365 commercial users, many who have switched from on-premises solutions and other cloud content collaboration platforms to OneDrive. This includes Fortune 500 customers such as MGM Resorts International and Textron, as well as Dimension Data, who are improving data security, meeting global data residency requirements, and reducing third-party licensing costs by moving to OneDrive. Small businesses such as aeronautic manufacturer Jemco and elite tour operator Utah Luxury Tours also benefit from the productivity and mobility of using OneDrive with Office 365. Collectively, our customers have nearly tripled the amount of content stored in OneDrive over the past 12 months and have helped shape the future of the product.
Microsoft has a bold vision to transform content collaboration for the modern workplace inclusive of files, dynamic web sites and portals, streaming video, AI, and mixed reality, while reducing costs and improving compliance and security. Learn more about the exciting announcements from our annual SharePoint Virtual Summit below:
- SharePoint innovations transform content collaboration with mixed reality and AI
- New capabilities for OneDrive announced today at SharePoint Conference North America
- What’s new for your intranet in Office 365
- Enrich your SharePoint content with intelligence and automation
- A look back at the first half of 2018 for Microsoft Stream
Last but not least, be sure to visit the OneDrive website and join us at Microsoft Ignite, September 24-28, 2018, where we’ll find what’s next for OneDrive and Office 365 with you and over 20,000 of your peers.